Sunday, January 17, 2010

birthday collage frame (:

Lauren, you'd be proud of me, I did a bit of collaging this afternoon. (:

Friday is a dear friend of mine's birthday.

Last year, I put together a few photos of an Arts Camp we went to the summer before and a beautiful poem that she wrote and gave it to her for her sweet sixteen.

So Friday is this dear friend's birthday.

And I had no idea what to give her.

But, of course, Target came to my rescue! While perusing the dollar spot right in front of the door I came across a nice, simple, white, 5-opening frame, and I thought, "Awesome."

Purchased the frame and brought it home. Cut out scrapbooking paper to fit the openings. Then decorated.

1. a raindrop, cloud, and umbrella stickers with my writing "keep dancing" because we've danced together in the rain

2. buttons because buttons are cute

3. treble clef paper clips because she sings and dances beautifully and music is so very important to both of us

4. an antique-looking key that says "joy" that I bought the other day at Michaels because I like keys, and she is so joyful through everything

5. a card I found in my scrapbooking shelf that says "the world is waiting" because I just loved it

and ta-da. there you have it. happy birthday, dear.

No comments: