Thursday, September 23, 2010

birthday!

So yesterday I turned 19.

I don't have any pictures to celebrate. But it was a really good day.

I so dislike it when it's someone's birthday and they don't have a good day. So I made mine good. I took pleasure in simple things and just thanked God that my mama had a baby nineteen years ago. The weather was pretty. There was fried okra in the dining hall. My bio class got out ten minutes early and didn't have a lab. We sang beautiful songs at BSM. Ashley baked me a cake for Whataburger night, and Ketcher paid for my taquito. Plus, Facebook lets everyone know it's your birthday, so I had oodles of blessings and happy notes each time I logged on. My best friend sent me a cute card and a magnet, all the way from Utah. My best friends that are roommates at UT Austin sang to me on the webcam and posted it to facebook. My dear friend Conner sent me the birthday song from The Emperor's New Groove. Holla, you don't get more awesome than that. All the messages on facebook provided an opportunity to catch up with people I haven't spoken to in a while, whether because they don't live near me or because school started or whatever.

It's sort of a new year. I'm a new age. And though, yeah, nothing especially special happens when you turn 19, it's older than 18. A new age of opportunities and things to pursue. I'm thankful for each day of my life; one that's dedicated to me is just something to be even more thankful for.

And I love sharing my birthday. Friends, Joy Joy and Rohnny. And fictional characters, Bilbo and Frodo Baggins. Who better to share a birthday with for a nerd like me, eh?

So if it's your birthday, have a great day. (:

No comments: