Friday, October 30, 2009

poems 27 and 28

I didn't realize until just now that I missed this yesterday...whoops. I guess I came home and went straight to bed after Fly Guys...

"Stop Trying So Hard"
Why do you think that is attractive? It isn't.
When will you realize that being who you really are would be better
Than what you're currently pretending to be.
I'm never going to appreciate you the same way
As I appreciate the one who's genuine.
Stop trying so hard.

"Family Game Night"
You roll your dice, you move your mice,
Nobody gets hurt.

I don't know where this saying originates, but it applies
During Family Game Night.
Tonight was Life,
Last week, Careers,
My favorite, Disney Trivial Pursuit.
Mom and Dad and Me, all sitting around the kitchen table,
Spinning, rolling, drawing, talking, laughing,
Playing.
Fun times all around.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good ones!
this is so cool.