Friday, October 2, 2009

100 poems, 100 days

or something like that
following in the footsteps of my dear friend Alyssa

(inspired from Not Quite What I Was Planning and I Can't Keep My Own Secrets from SMITH magazine)

Six-Word Memoirs

Born September 1991. Reborn August 1995.
Eighteen years old, don't feel adult.
Danced. Tried gymnastics. Quit. Danced again.
Took van full of friends Thursdays.
Top 10 even without really trying.
Had to make decisions. God helped.
Dancing through injury created vast appreciation.
Inspired. Desire to inspire. Not sure.
Truly, all we need is love.
Jesus died for my sins; thanks.
Singing and dancing go together naturally.
Not resenting being called the ballerina.
Parents still together; no drama here.
Sometimes wish life was a musical.
No desire for boyfriend. No worries.
Trying to show Christianity through love.
Texas or England = places for me.
Like to think I fit somewhere.
Believe in love in many places.
Senior year; won't succumb to senioritis.
Vacation with mom 'cause dad won't.
Have not rebelled. Don't intend to.
Just don't understand most teenage drama.
Read too many books to remember.
Writing my prayers helps me concentrate.
Tomboy qualities from having older brother.
Usually can't justify cost of movies.
Would rather be dancing in rain.
My iPod will probably surprise you.
Would rather take pictures than pose.
Thank you for my life, God.
Eyebrows threaded once. Not worth it.
Hip hop dancer. Surprised? I bet.
My only instrument is my voice.
Only a little OCD about life.
3.5 years of Spanish. No hablo.
Finds great reward in teaching preschoolers.
Not afraid to say "Love you."
Not easily embarrassed. Laugh at myself.
Not ashamed when with true friends.
Could live on Taco Bell. No, really.
Prefer used books. They're well loved.
Sarcastic. Sometimes too much. Sorry. Really.
Learned to type when brother did.
Named after Dad's brother. Kinzie = Kinsey.
(At least Ketcher's name is weirder.)
Believe everything happens for God's reasons.

Wouldn't want there to be another me.

This is easier than I thought.
Pick one. These are my life.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that was so neat!
i enjoyed it!