Thursday, July 9, 2009

Falling in love with Flickr

This week I have been working hard on the website for my dance studio. I have never used Dreamweaver before, indeed, I hardly know how to use a Mac, but I mostly figured it out. Today, one of the tasks involved was to update the Photo Album page of the site. Whoever built the site had included a page with several photos, but it was slow to load and not organized very well, so I decided to take a different route--Flickr!

I had never before used a Flickr.com account of my own; but I had browsed pictures there before and knew that it would be a nice way to share the studio's photos without dragging down people's browsers. So I created an account and uploaded pictures from the studio computer. Now, Profusion's Flickr page is up and running! And it was so nice and simple that I came home and made one for my own pictures. Hopefully I'll be able to keep it updated with all of my favorite pictures. So far it includes my NYC pictures, a series I took in London of bicycles, and my fireworks shots from the past few years of July 4 celebrations. (I wonder why I have no pictures of New Year's fireworks?)

I feel like I'm selling something. But truly, I'm loving Flickr. :)

No comments: