Monday, July 6, 2009

Friends

During my vacation, I reconnected with two girls I had not seen in years. The three of us were friends in preschool, but Hailey (right) moved away to Ohio before we started kindergarten, and Jacqueline (left) relocated to Pennsylvania during elementary school. We have seen each other a few times since their sad departures, but we have never all been together again, until now. It was a short meeting, but it was enjoyable. The ways we have all changed make me wonder if we would have become the same people if we had always been together, or if we would even have remained friends. As it is, I love them, and I love the way I have become who Father wants me to be. I am thankful to still know them, however distantly, because I hate loosing contact with people. The Michael W. Smith song comes to mind called "Friends." Friends are friends forever if the Lord's the Lord of them.

1 comment:

Man of Music said...

I've sung this song in church i don't know how many times. I saw MWS in concert once and he said he never new when he wrote this song how popular it would be.