Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry/Happy Boxing Day!

I hope everyone had a very merry Christmas. Our day was quite enjoyable. We woke up early to open presents and then drove out to my aunt and uncle's house in Louisiana for the day. Delicious noodles and turkey (my favorite dish, which I missed greatly due to being with Mom's family for Thanksgiving instead of Dad's), ham, mashed potatoes, green beans, pea salad, and fabulous wheat rolls graced the table, along with some of the best sweet tea I have ever tasted (I think I drank five or six glasses throughout the day). After lunch we lazed about, watching a marathon of Mythbusters on the Discovery channel, reading, playing Nintendo DS, and talking with family. We all trekked outside to take a few photos of the group before dinner: the best sticky rice ever and Louisiana gumbo with potato salad and more of that sweet, sweet tea. :)

Today I'm sharing a few shots of our Christmas decorations here at home. First, our miniature snow globes of the 12 Days of Christmas.

On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me...
Twelve drummers drumming,
Eleven pipers piping,
Ten lords a-leaping,
Nine ladies dancing,
Eight maids a-milking,
Seven swans a-swimming,
Six geese a-laying,
Five golden rings,
Four calling birds,
Three French hens,
Two turtledoves,
and a partridge in a pear tree.



Ketcher and I have beautiful stockings that jingle super loudly when you pick them up, and Mom always stuffs them with practical gifts. This year I got a new electric toothbrush, glasses cleaner, paper clips shaped like treble clefs, and a new charm for my charm necklace.


And the tree. :) Mom and I put it up at the beginning of December. There's a collection of homemade and store bought ornaments; the homemade ones are slowly being worked off because the tree is smaller than our old one. I generally sort out all the ornaments before the two of us decorate the tree. I cut the angel off the top, but he's there. :)

So I hope you all enjoyed your day. Continue to enjoy the Christmas break before you return to school or work or whatever real life you have to go back to. Remember God's blessings; His gift of His Son to die on the cross for our sins, to give us the opportunity to live forever in Heaven if we trust in Jesus. That's the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

No comments: