Saturday, December 19, 2009

Merry Christmas!

This is my 99th post; perhaps I'll do my 100th on Christmas or just after. :)

Are you in the Christmas spirit yet? It's only SIX days away!

This cute fire hydrant the day it snowed is definitely ready for Old St. Nick.

Last night was the big Madrigal concert--Carols of Christmas. I sang the second verse of "The First Noel" solo, and my sister cried because she sang that her senior year, too. :) Our last events are tonight (two favorites: the doctor's party where they drink and don't listen to us but pay us good money and the hotel is awesome, and the Blue Santa Toy Drive at this huge, gorgeous house) and then we hang the costumes up for the year. It's been a good one. <3

All the Christmas gifts I'm giving this year are wrapped and under the tree. I tried not to spend too much money and I think I did rather well, while still finding gifts my friends and family will appreciate. All that's left to do it write a couple of Christmas notes and that will be that. I love to wrap presents and put together fun gifts. PS: there are loads of Christmas cookies in my house; everyone come eat some.


Today when I checked the mailbox there was a thick envelope addressed to me: my acceptance letter to UNT. :D It's my first letter, so that was very exciting, though not surprising since it's a public school and I'm more than just the top 10% of my graduating class. I'm waiting on scholarship information before I choose where I'll be next August; probably either UNT or UTDallas. The thought of college makes me want to hurry this year up, after Christmas and New Years that is.

No comments: