Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Galatians 1:10

Am I now trying to win the approval of men, or of God? Or am I trying to please men? If I were still trying to please men, I would not be a servant of Christ.

I often feel that it is simply impossible to please people. No matter what you do, how hard to try, how many things you accomplish, it never seems to be enough for some. Today's verse reminds me that I should just stop worrying about pleasing people. It is never going to happen, so instead of expending all that energy toward a futile goal, I should utilize my time to please God. Not to say that I am just going to blow off people and decide no one matters anymore. No. Not true, not good. But my main concern should be following God's path and His instructions, not trying to make people like me. Their opinion is not going to last for eternity. God's is.




School is so close to being over I can taste it. Mom and I are driving up to Dallas this weekend for Ingredients Spring Concert, and I cannot wait to see all my girls up there. <3

No comments: