Saturday, May 30, 2009

Pretend it's still Friday...

I'll post again later for Saturday; Friday deserves some space, because it was a great Friday. Mom, Ketcher and I drove up to Dallas today; we'll come back Sunday.

First, the Bible verse: 1 Corinthians 13:3
If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love. Love is the key. 1 Corinthians 13 is well known for being all about love. The love of Father is something genuinely indescribable; but it's something I sincerely hope everyone experiences. A song comes to mind--one of my favorites which was used in the dance concert I attended tonight. It's called "How He Loves" and is by either John Mark McMillan or Kim Walker. Both versions are excellent. The lyrics are beautiful; the chorus is simple: Oh, how He loves us so. Oh how He loves us. How He loves us so.

The girls (and a few boys =]) I watched dance tonight are fantastic at expressing the love of Father. They are all beautiful, inside and out, and I love them very much, even the ones I don't really know. The company is called Ingredients and is a part of Dance Revolution's ministry. DR is a convention I go to here in Dallas each November. Christian dancers from all over Texas and the surrounding states gather and take classes from amazing teachers, put on a great show, and are treated with church Sunday morning--a huge production put on by the DR staff and Ingredients. I look forward to Dance Revolution for months before it happens each year. I have had the privilege of ministering with the company occasionally since it's creation last school year because of the connection between Ms Karin and Mr Kato and Ingredients (both Karin and Kato travel with DR as teachers; I'm lucky enough to have them all the time). Several of our girls have graduated high school and gone on to Ingredients as well. They have ministered so much to my heart; I talk to many of the girls weekly online. They're awesome children of God with amazing gifts and talents.

Meanwhile, I'm once again loving the city of Dallas. I think tomorrow Mom and I are going to go to Grapevine Mills Mall and we'll go with Ketcher and Dustin to The Village Church tomorrow night.

Sweet dreams!

No comments: