Monday, May 25, 2009

John 15:13

So perhaps this blog is going to be a daily dissection of the Bible verse that is patiently waiting in my inbox each morning. That is okay, right? =]

Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.

Jesus died for us. And since Jesus is God in human form, GOD DIED FOR US. Hello, that is crazy! Why, why, why would the ultimate, superior, all-knowing, self-sufficient, powerful, amazing God die for measly humans like me? Like the beginning of the verse says, the key is LOVE. God loves us. He was willing to sacrifice His son so that we could live forever in Heaven with Him. My mind cannot fully comprehend this, but I am so, so thankful for it. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am too. it is unfathomable the price he paid for us. for me. for YOU. But we are worth it to the Kingdom and that means something... you are precious! embrace everyday for it is a gift from the one, and the only... thank you for posting this - love ya...nicole